Friday, January 17, 2014

"WR Secrets", On why YOU should become a member!

            The wave of football has changed tremendously. The spread offense has taken over on all levels of football. Starting from little league, middle school, high school, college, and now the NFL. Football has changed from being a run style offense to a passing "happy" league. The quarterbacks are the most important tool on football teams. Guess what's next? The wide receiver position has changed over the years. For instance, in the 1980's you might have one wide receiver on each team in the NFL that has over 1,000 yards per season. Today, you have three pass catchers on your team with over 1,000 yard seasons. The wide receiver position is now the vocal point on offense.

               "WR Secrets", is a way for athletes of all ages to be able to learn the correct techniques and fundamentals to be a complete wide receiver. For example, the fundamentals we will work are stance/ starts, catching the football the correct way, alignment/assignment, read coverages, knowing and respecting your opponent, and many other dynamics of the game. Why "WR Secrets"? I have been a High School football coach  for six years now, and I seen a lot of talented WR's, but they lack they skill set that I mentioned above. In the Midwest, you have football states such as, Ohio, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. The reason they have high percentage football players playing at a collegiate level is because they market football year round.  That's why I developed "WR Secrets", because it will give kids the opportunity to improve there fundamentals, techniques, and there mental aspects of the game.

                   I spent two in half years in the NFL. My career wasn't long what I wanted it. When I spent time in the NFL I learned so many things from Future Hall of Fame Coaches such as, Mike Shanahan, Sean Peyton, Mike MCarthy, and many more. I learned from NFL Greats and Hall of Famers as well, Charles Woodson, Donald Driver, Javon Walker, Champ Bailey, and the list goes on. Those years I spent in the NFL prepared me mentally, and spiritually on what my purpose is. That's mentoring the youth through football.

No comments:

Post a Comment